Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Wolf Returns

I just received an email telling me of 'The Return of Patrick Wolf'. This is exciting as I am quite a big Patrick Wolf fan, I have been for about four years now, and news that some of his brand new, sweet, sweet music that has never been heard before is going to be beautifully colliding with my ears in the very near future gets my heart racing just a bit.

I believe I found out about Patrick Wolf while google image searching Siouxsie and the Banshees. In amongst images of Siouxsie's big black hair and dark eyes was a young man with red-orange dyed hair and, I would imagine (because my memory fails me), some fantastic outfit. I clicked the image, found out this beautiful man's name and spent the rest of the day listening to his music online.


Although I was looking forward to part two of Battle, which was to be named The Conqueror to go with his 2009 album The Bachelor, Patrick announced that he's "grown up alot from that battle aggression" and that the album will no longer be titled The Conqueror. But a recent quote from him states that it will still be an optimistic album, and optimistic Patrick makes me happy.
 
"The new album has a direct narrative about love and optimism surviving through adversity and recession. I wanted to celebrate the love and hope I have found in the last few years."

With the release of his new album there's no doubt he will be touring again and I will finally get to see him! I've missed out three times now due to being underage. His last show here was only five days before my 18th birthday and needless to say I was completely shattered by this.

I'm looking forward to hearing his new single Time Of My Life (which will be getting played on British radio in a months time) and I will be patiently waiting for his new album (title TBA) to be released. New music from Patrick Wolf gets me way too excited!

edit:


Here's an unofficial video of Patrick's new single Time Of My Life that was made in his kitchen. You may recognise the song from the Battle Megamix that was released before The Bachelor was released.

No comments:

Post a Comment