Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amy's Party

Mark Ronson has produced a new track featuring vocals by none other than Amy Winehouse. It's a cover of Lesley Gore's 1963 hit It's My Party and it will appear on Quincy Jones' new album Q: Soul Bossa Nostra, which features other big names such as Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Hudson and Snoop Dogg covering songs that were originally produced by Jones.


Yes, another Mark Ronson post within two days of even starting my blog, but I just can't help it, whatever he touches turns to gold, and whatever he does with Amy is just amazing. I mean, Back to Black is a spectacular album and don't even get me started on Valerie, The Zutons cover that was on Mark Ronson's album Version, such an amazing song! It's My Party is no exception, just listen here for the proof...

It's My Party Feat. Amy Winehouse

I'd like to think this is the beginning of the return of Amy Winehouse but who can tell? The woman's a mess... A talented mess, but a mess none the less. And I think her messiness distracts a lot of people from her immense talent, which is such a shame. Ugh, let's just hope she finally gets started on her third album and that Mark Ronson is attached to produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment