Wednesday, November 17, 2010

If I Had A Few Hundred Dollars

The other day my friend Felicity and I went to Chadstone and just as we were about to leave I remembered that Fat now stocks Comme des Garçons. So I dragged Flick to Fat and went in and browsed around and then I came to a rack which held some of the best clothes I have seen in quite some time. I'm not ashamed to say that I got quite excited (just ask Flick).


By this time in my life I've come to two realisations when it comes to clothes. One is that I like really cheap clothes from places like op shops (or clothes that once belonged to my parents), and quite expensive clothes, but rarely anything in the middle. The second realisation is that I am so underwhelmed by so many of the clothes I see when I go shopping. So many things are just so boring and pedestrian, just created to please the masses. But I was not underwhelmed one little bit while flicking through the Commes des Garçons rack at Fat. Beautiful reversible coats, kaftans, shirts with detachable scarves, drop crotch shorts, jackets with underarm holes and buttons on both sides... It was super lovely to see these clothes in the flesh and it was great to see some clothes that weren't just tediously characterless and the same as the last store I just browsed through (maybe I'm shopping in all the wrong places).

If only I had a few hundred (or thousand) dollars spare I'd purchase some Comme des Garçons to hang on my body (my birthday's coming up, hint hint).

No comments:

Post a Comment