Monday, November 1, 2010

I Want Somebody To Love Me

I was extremely excited for the new Mark Ronson album when I heard Bang Bang Bang on the radio a couple of months ago. Then came The Bike Song, which got me even more excited for Mark Ronson and the Business Intl's Record Collection.


I got the album a few days after it was released and promptly fell deeply in love with the fourth track Somebody To Love Me which features Boy George and Andrew Wyatt. After listening to this song and the rest of the album quite a few times I was put in the mood for a Record Collection dance party by myself in my bedroom, singing at the top of my voice to Somebody To Love Me, pretending to be Boy George circa Culture Club days, which then lead me into a minor Boy George obsession.

Then the film clip was released! It's a spectacular look at an early Boy George, shot in a home video VHS style. It made me feel somewhat nostalgic despite it being set about 9 years before I was even born. After watching the film clip and falling even more in love with the song, Mark Ronson and Boy George, I started watching Boy George interviews on youtube from the early to mid 1980's. Ahhh! He was so great. His outlandish, androgynous style and the intelligent words coming out of his mouth really captured me.


Halloween was coming up and I contemplated dressing as Boy George in the Culture Club days but I just wasn't sure. I didn't know whether I'd be able to pull it off or not, but in the end after experimenting with my hair, make up and some outfit options I decided I'd give it a go.

 

I very much enjoy dressing up, and being Boy George for a night was great fun.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh you did a great job! you look just like him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! how did you do your hair? did you use fake hair in plaits?

    ReplyDelete