Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Won't Let The City Destroy Our Love

The video for Patrick Wolf's next single The City has been released! Yayyy! This song makes me so much more excited for the new Patrick Wolf album, which will officially be called Lupercalia. The City is such a beautiful, high spirited song with a great sense of assurance, and I'm predicting the new album will project that same sort of vibe.


The film clip is a collaboration with Australian born director Kinga Burza, who has worked with artists such as Marina and the Diamonds, La Roux, Kate Nash and Katy Perry. The film clip makes me want to play with Patrick on the beach, with his understated James Dean-esque outfit choices (something we haven't seen much of from him) and his attractive model friends/extras. It's a bit of a reinvention and new direction for Patrick, and it's all so romantic and exciting. I can't contain my enthusiasm and eagerness for more songs from Lupercalia, which shall be released in May 2011.


Unfortunately I can't embed the video, so here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment