Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If I Could Have A Second Skin

I very much enjoy dressing up. In fact it's probably one of my favourite things. I dislike when I haven't been to a dress up party in a while and I substitute that by getting dressed up in my bedroom when I'm bored. Around two years ago I even made a friend have a certain themed party so I could go as a certain amazingly talented yet completely tragic crack whore singer. Last month I threw a Virgin Mary costume together from sheets and tablecloths about twenty minutes before I left my house for Christmas Brinner (which wasn't even dress up, any excuse). Another time I spent a few days gluing hay to the insides of a Wizard of Oz Scarecrow costume I had made. I get pretty into it... sometimes if I've had a bit to drink I'll even get into character, as shown in a tagged video of me on facebook, waving a flask of vodka around singing If I Only Had a Brain from The Wizard of Oz, and, luckily not captured on video, my awful Amy Winehouse impersonation.

Right: A certain amazingly talented yet completely tragic crack whore singer. Left: Miscellaneous oriental lady aka Mulan (I took some liberties, okay?)  
 I've noticed that the majority of my costumes and costume ideas happen to be quite female oriented, and I've never really thought much of this, especially considering the fact that if a girl goes to a dress up party as something more male oriented no one really blinks an eye. And why should they? It's called a dress up party for a reason, and I will dress up as whatever I like (as long as the theme permits, of course). At one party I even got mistaken for a girl on more than one occasion.

My friends and I as the Wizard of Oz gang, me as the Scarecrow. Unfortunately some of us didn't put in as much effort as others (ahem, the cowardly lion).

Dress up parties are just so good, ugh! I'm already planning my 21st theme two years in advance. I do not miss any opportunity to dress up. So I think if you're having a party it should be a dress up party and I should be invited. That's all. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment